Updated: August 29th 2018
If you disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the website.
• This website is a source of information only. Its content provides specific information and opinion relating to the game of chess and chess news, players and tournaments. It is subject to change without notice.
• The Site is free to access and free to view, no subscription is necessary.
• While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
• Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly; however, the right is reserved to take the website offline, without notice, for maintenance. We can not accept any responsibility for the website being offline due to technical problems beyond our control.
• In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the Site are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to local and international laws.
• Use Of Our Images: Unless otherwise stated, all images displayed on this website are original, owned by and/or licensed to us. They are subject to copyright and all rights are reserved. Permission to use/share our images can be assumed, as long as the following conditions are met:
— Non-commercial (Social Media, Blogs, YouTube presentations, etc.) use only.
— Photographs are not edited and any copyright watermarks are not cropped out.
— Image is not used to defame or attack any person or organisation, or to bring chess into disrepute in any way.
— Credit is given to the photographer and hotoffthechess.com is given as the source.
If you would like to use one of our images/photographs commercially or under different conditions than those above, please contact us first: email@example.com
• Our Use Of Images: We at Hot Off The Chess pride ourselves on our respect of individual ownership and our ethical use of individual creations. Should you feel that your image(s) has been used by us incorrectly, please contact us including the URL of the page in question: firstname.lastname@example.org
This website may contain third party links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Such links should be seen as purely topical and not an endorsement or recommendation. The best efforts are made to check these links and ensure that they are safe and secure at the time of posting; however, such sites and resources are beyond the control of Hot Off The Chess, its owner and contributors.
As such, you acknowledge and agree that we can not be held responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, or held responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Your visit to such websites is strictly at your own risk.
UPDATES TO THIS TERMS OF SERVICE
We will notify you of changes to this Terms of Service in the ways mentioned below. We will endeavour to do this at least 14-days before the changes come into effect and for 7-days afterwards. Changes will also be detailed below the line at the bottom of the document.
• Our Twitter Account: @HotOffTheChess
• In the right hand sidebar of the Home Page.
• August 29th 2018 — ‘Images’ Section, ‘Use Of Our Images’.
• June 1st 2018 — page re-written as part of GDPR changes.